1. What are your fees? My fee is $130 for each individual 50-minute session. I accept check, cash, and all major credit cards for payment.
2. Is there a free initial consultation? Yes, I offer a free 30-minute consultation on the phone or in person. This is designed to see if we are a good match before moving forward and if I am able to help you. If not, I will provide you with a referral to someone who can best fit your needs.
3. Do you accept insurance? No. I am not on any insurance panels, but can offer you a Statement of Services (superbill). Ultimately, you are responsible for payment at the time of service, regardless of whether your insurance company reimburses you. I encourage you to contact your insurance provider and obtain information regarding your benefits, if you intend to seek reimbursement from your insurance provider. I can provide you with an Insurance Benefit(s) Questionnaire form, if you like. Here are some good questions to ask:
· Do I have out-of-network mental-health benefits?
· What is my coverage- number of sessions or percentage- for a provider outside of the network?
· What is my deductible and has it been met?
· Do I need to obtain a pre-authorization before my first appointment to go to an out-of-network provider?
· Do my benefits cover a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist?
4. Can you prescribe medication? No, as prescribing medication is not under my scope of practice. Only a Psychiatrist, M.D. can prescribe medication.
5. How does therapy work? Each person is very unique; therefore, therapy looks different for each person, as it is not a one-fits-all approach. I will encourage you to take an active role in the therapy process; this includes working in-between session, as this often leads to healthy growth.
I will provide homework in-between sessions. I may ask you to keep a journal to write about how you’re doing and to monitor your self-care. I may ask you to keep track of any upsetting memories or triggers that come up for you during the week. I may provide you with handouts to help you with communication, expressing anger assertively, self-esteem, etc. When you have been negatively impacted from early life experiences, and it is affecting your life today, we might draw out a genogram, which is like a family tree, but more detailed, to see the generational patterns; this can be very insightful.
When you share your unique life story, it helps us find where the problem is steaming from; the root cause. We will be able to identify patterns that need to be broken, and move toward healing and restoration. I work collaboratively with you; we are a team in this journey.
6. Do you only provide therapy to women? No. I do work with adolescent girls (13-17) and individual men. I will met with you and see if I am able to meet your needs. If not, I will provide you with referrals. I have provided services to both men and couples for the past 5 years, but predominately work with women in my private practice.
7. Do I have to be a Christian to come to get therapy? No, I am here to serve the community with my training, tools, and skills. I will respect your strongly held values and beliefs.
8. Is treatment Biblically based? I respect your personal beliefs and doctrine and incorporate the scriptures and prayer as much as you desire it to have a part in the therapy process.
9. How long will therapy take? Due to the varying nature and severity of problems and the individuality of each person, I am unable to predict the length of your therapy or to guarantee a specific outcome or result. Each person's situation is very unique; therefore, the duration of therapy is different for each person. We can discuss this further at any time during the therapeutic process.
· Suspected past or present abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, and elders based on information client provides or collateral sources.
· If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and the victim/s.
· If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. However, if the client does not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
In our first session, this will be discussed in further detail verbally and in your Informed Consent form.
11. What is your cancellation policy? If you are unable to keep your appointment, please contact me at least 48 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified me at least 48 hours in advance, a full session fee is charged.